GPA to replace existing streetlights with efficient led streetlights starting in the southern villages
- GPA is upgrading streetlights to efficient LED to save GPA ratepayers about $1.4 million a year.
- Some 6,000 of the island’s 16,000 streetlights have already been changed to LED.
- Work on streetlights in Agat, Santa Rita, Umatac, Malesso, Inarajan, Talofofo and Yona is in progress now.
CCU initiative >
Advantages of LED lighting slideshow >
NET METERING PROGRAM MEETING NOTICEDate: July 18, 2018
Time: 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Location: Gloria B. Nelson Public Service Building, Board Conference Room, 3rd Floor Fadian, Mangilao
The Guam Power Authority solicits stakeholder input regarding the Net Metering (NEM) Program. GPA has prepared policy recommendations for review and action by the Consolidated Commission on Utilities. The final NEM policy will then be forwarded to the Public Utilities Commission for action. Your feedback is crucial in this process.Ratepayers may view the draft policy prior to the meeting here>
New Power Plant Project
- The new 180-megawatt power plant is crucial for Guam’s sustainable energy requirements.
- The $400 million investment will be located in Dededo.
- Replaces the two power Cabras plants left inoperable by the explosion and fire of August 2015.
- Allows for retirement of Cabras 1 and Cabras 2 plants.
- Allows integration of existing solar photovoltaic sources of renewable energy and an additional 130 megawatts from planned solar photovoltaic farms.
- Complies with federal environmental standards.
Find out more >
Pay Your Bill With This FREE APP For iPhones and Androids
Here’s another convenient way to pay your GPA or GWA bill.
Visit the Apple App Store from your iPhone to get the free Pay GPWA app.
Android users can get the app here.
More Convenient Ways to Pay >
Short video >